ARE YOU READY TO COMMIT TO HEALTH & WELLNESS COACHING
My Specialties include working with individual clients with life/health concerns: principally chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer, stress management, nutrition/weight management and eating disorders, sleep issues, emotional health, pre-and-post-surgery, exercise prescription and rehabilitation.
Additionally, I partner with corporate wellness employees at all levels and offer group coaching, peer support groups and health education and wellness workshops within Employee Health and Wellness. I enjoy working with clients within a wide adult age group, and I feel extremely comfortable working with all aspects of health and wellness coaching.
I feel honored to have co-developed the health coaching program and worked extensively with Veterans at Veterans Administration (VA) Healthcare System, Palo Alto, CA. Equally, I have strong experience designing and implementing health and wellness coaching in several different medical, clinical and corporate settings. I thrive working in collaborative team environments in support of staff and clients alike.
How Does Health Coaching Work?
I work in one-on-one sessions to address your health and wellness needs: Our coaching partnership will help you re-imagine and build a mindset that supports your best self, including resilience, growth, new behaviors and creativity.
- I listen to your concerns and ask powerful questions to help empower you to unlock the changes you desire
- I spend time exploring what is most important to you and allow you to choose your course of action for whatever health concern you wish to address
- I guide you through a process to maximize the possibility of your success
- We work in partnership to identify obstacles or barriers to progress
- We create strategies for moving forward toward your goals, while instilling confidence
- Health coaching supports you in tracking your weekly progress and holds you accountable for your commitments
- Health coaching provides any needed health education resources for making healthy behavior changes
Ask Yourself: Is Health Coaching the Right Answer for Me?
- Do you feel defeated and not able to make new healthy habits stick?
- Have you had a recent diagnosis or a chronic medical condition that your doctor asked you to make lifestyle changes such as losing weight, starting to exercise or reducing stress?
- Are you feeling tired, unmotivated and realize you need to improve your self-care?
- Do you have focused health goals you want to work on and understand having a partner will be helpful?
- Do you wish to shift your current health behaviors and adopt long-term sustainable choices?
My Approach to Working With You
- I offer expertise in understanding individual health needs and concerns
- I create safety and trust in the coach/client engagement
- I bring compassion, non-judgment and non-attachment, a curious mind and an acuity for sensing what a person needs by deep listening and reflection
- I instill motivation, and accountability
- For the clients I work with, I hold unconditional positive regard
What Might You Bring Up and Talk About in Your Health Coaching Sessions?
The health coaching relationship is unique. Essentially, any topic you want to bring up that you think is impacting your health is an appropriate topic for health coaching.
The following questions may serve as a guide to help you think about your potential coaching experience.
- How would your life be different if you were to achieve your optimal vision of health and vitality?
- What makes your life worth living, gives you meaning, and motivates you each day?
- What is missing in your life that you wish to address but you feel stuck?
- Are there particular health goals or behaviors that you would like to change?
- What are the benefits to you If you make this change?
What Benefits Can I Expect? Why do Clients Want to Sign Up?
- Improved overall health
- Decreased stress
- Behavior shifts in areas where you have been stuck, such as improving your sleep or eating more healthy
- You feel better: You have more energy, drive, and resilience
- You have greater self-motivation and confidence, and accomplish your goals
- Improved professional and personal decision-making
- Realign to your purpose and what has importance and meaning in your life
How Do We Work Together?
- I work with you to meet you where you are at
- We discuss your needs and we create a plan to work towards the action steps, behaviors and goals you wish to focus on
- I offer Lifestyle and Self-Assessments that help a client better understand their purpose, goals and the steps they chose to make to move forward in their well-being
- We explore individual patterns and obstacles that limit forward progression, while moving forward to create new sustainable behaviors and growth
- The ultimate goal is to create long term, sustainable lifestyle change
Who Are My Ideal Customers?
- Anyone with a health concern or desire to make changes in their life
- Stressed out and not sure what to do
- Stuck in life – you want to change but need support
Coaching sessions for individuals are 50 minutes. I offer half sessions at 30 min. I prefer to meet in person or over Zoom, but coaching works equally well over the phone. For the first session, I like to meet clients face to face, to get to know you, because your eyes speak!
- I offer an initial complimentary 20 minute “Discovery Health Coaching Session.” During this time, I review the coaching process and expectations, learn about you and answer questions. I discuss the coaching agreement, which outlines what health coaching is and is not.
- I bring mindfulness and a mindful awareness focus to coaching as a way to open; I offer a 2-3 min breathing space to help settle and allow for a smooth session.
- Prior to the first session, I administer a lifestyle self-assessment to help the client begin to explore their current health status and focus area. Each client defines the focal areas they wish to address.
- During the coaching sessions, I use a well-defined process of moving a client along from the initial session /assessments to next stages. Each person moves differently, and I meet each client where they are at.
- I ask for client feedback to ensure the coaching sessions are meeting their expectations and strive for an open and transparent relationship.
- Coaching Methodologies: Transtheoretical Model of Change (TTM), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Self Determination Theory, Non-Violent Communication, Positive Psychology, Acceptance and Commitment Training/Therapy (ACT), Internal Family Systems (IFS) are some of the primary models I have trained in and use.
How Much Does This Cost?
- Individual priced sessions
- Packaged sessions
- Follow-up or Maintenance sessions
Ready to start? Then fill out this form and join me in a complimentary Discovery Health Coaching Session.
I look forward to partnering with you!